Friday, August 19, 2011

Oreo Cheesecake Cookies (English Version)

For all of you readers that are always disappointed when I publish all my blog posts in Norwegian. Here is one in English! And it has the recipe for the yummy Oreo Cheesecake Cookies I made the other day (which, by the way, tastes just as delicious today when you heat them up in the microwave for 15 seconds)!

Okay, here we go:
1 stick butter/margarine, room temperature (I used the low fat margarine kind)
4 oz cream cheese (I used the reduced fat kind)
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla ekstract
1 cup flour
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 cup crushed oreo cookies crumbs (without the filling, and again I used the reduced fat kind)
Optional: 1/2 chocolate chips, melted (for drizzling on top of finished cookies)

Cook for 12-15 minutes at 375 degrees. 

Okay, so here we go. First mix the butter and cream cheese together in a mixer - I let it stand for about 8 minutes. Be sure to stop mid way to scrape the sides of the bowl so that it all mixes to a nice and fluffy mixture.
 
Next, mix in the sugar. I let these mix together for about 3 minutes before I add in both the vanilla extract and the flour. Make sure to scrape all the sides too!
 Now mix in the chocolate chips, I used a spatula for this - not the mixer. That was easy, right?

While the butter and cream cheese was mixing I divided and scraped out the filling of the oreo cookies.
 
Put the cookies in a bag and use a rolling pin (or something similar) to crush the cookies. The result is:
Crushed Oreo Cookies! 

When you are done making the cookie dough, take an ice cream scoop and make the dough into a ball, drop it in the cookie crumbs and roll it so that it is completely covered in cookie crumbs (I used just a regular table spoon and made a ball with my hands). 
 
Place on a baking sheet and cook for 12-15 minutes at 375 degrees. DO NOT let it cook for more than 15 minutes, they will only become hard as a rock!
Once they are done, let the cookies sit on the baking sheet for about 2 minutes before transferring them to the cooling rack. Decorate (if you want) the cookies, and voila - you just made Oreo Cheesecake Cookies! :)

 
Enjoy - Happy Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...